A Tearful Goodbye

This is the saddest post I’ll ever do, and also the last. I was getting a small amount of money from Amazon as an advertising fee. They decided today to take that away from me. Instead of paying  the $351 they said I’d earned, they instead took it, saying that it’s because I offer a free service. I’m heartbroken. This isn’t about the money, though as a single mom, that sure helped. This was about the pride in myself for doing something I loved and turning it into an income source. This was about making my own independence from my ex. This was a huge source of pride for me and now I’m broken, laid bare, torn asunder. My heart is more broken than any person could have done. Good luck to you all. I will truly and completely miss this.

Decolia.

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “A Tearful Goodbye

1. 4sarge April 30, 2015 / 8:44 am

I’ve heard this from others about Amazon, Google, Yahoo and Other Internet Giants. They now Control the Internet and are taking Advantage of the ‘little guy’ for Greed & Power. Your Input will be Missed.

Liked by 1 person

2. Ron Cox April 30, 2015 / 9:38 am

Sorry to hear it, I enjoy your help finding help on the net, Good luck to you.

Liked by 1 person

3. Cathy Zeiler April 30, 2015 / 10:55 am

Did you go over the monthly 20k limit for free ebooks?

4. Cathy Zeiler April 30, 2015 / 11:24 am

I watch my stats and I’m extremely careful to not go over the limit. That 20k limit has been the rule for a LONG while.

5. Phil Briggs April 30, 2015 / 8:08 pm

Download 20K ebooks? In a month? or link to them, and have 20K downloaded?

• Homesteading Mom June 2, 2015 / 11:12 am

I linked to them and there have been 20k downloads for the month of February and March. I’m actually quite proud of that.

• Cathy Zeiler June 2, 2015 / 11:29 am

Phil, the problem is when an affiliate links to free Kindle books and the people who click the links download a total of 20K or more books in a single month. If that happens, Amazon won’t pay the affiliate any commissions that are owed.

Liked by 1 person

6. Donna Peer May 1, 2015 / 7:40 am

Sorry to see you go, I looked forward every day to seeing your posts. I don’t really understand how Amazon works for this but you will be missed.

7. jenny showes May 5, 2015 / 7:28 am

Thank you for all the hard work that you have done. I am sad to hear that they have refused to pay you. You will be missed!!

8. Jean Hypes Kucel May 26, 2015 / 2:10 pm

Hun ; Have you thought about a paypal donate button. I know it’s may not be as much as you were getting … but it might be more at times…. good luck…